When it comes to choosing the right protection dog, you might just find that you’re stood scratching your head -as you simply cannot decide on which is the dog for you. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to the size and the breed of the dog, as well as having certain requirements for the god to fulfil. All dog breeds have different personalities and traits, meaning that you need to make sure you’re clued up on them before you go ahead and bring one home. Here at Protection Dogs Worldwide, we train and provide a range of excellent dog breeds that are all dedicated to keeping you safe. Amongst these breeds is the Cane Corso, a fantastic type of canine that will dramatically improve your security- but how do you choose between a Cane Corso and the other breeds we have available? Well, luckily we’re here to tell you all you need to know about Cane Corso’s and how they can keep you safe:
- First of all, the Cane Corso is also known as the Italian Mastiff, so it’s important that you don’t research both breeds under the impression that they are different breeds!
- The Cane Corso is incredibly strong and powerful, making them an incredibly imposing breed that will deter many potential threats just through the sight of it alone. A Cane Corso can weigh up to 120 pounds, and is instantly recognisable due to its large head.
- This breed requires a firm owner that is able to keep it under control. Of course, the dogs that we provide are already fully-trained, however they also need an experienced owner that can maintain a level of consistency with them- without having to use force.
- Cane Corso’s are incredibly dedicated to their role as a protection dog, and they take their job extremely seriously. This means that it can take them a long time to warm to people that they aren’t used to, making them perfect for keeping you safe from any unwanted intruders.
- Lastly, the Cane Corso needs to be brushed at least once a week to keep its coat looking great. It has a smooth coat and can shed a lot, and you’ll need to make sure that you’re keeping its skin healthy and trimming its nails when needed.