When you decide to buy a protection dog, you are deciding to buy much more than just an upgrade to your current security system. Of course, a well-trained dog will prove much more effective in keeping you safe when compared to other types of security, but they are also much more than that. A protection dog is also a companion that comes with a lot of responsibility- therefore, it’s incredibly important that you make the right choice when picking one out. Here at Protection Dogs Worldwide, we provide a wide range of breeds and completely understand that the wealth of choices available may cause you to be a little indecisive. Fortunately, we’re here to give you all the information you need to know about our breeds, and today we’re giving you some key facts all about German Shepherds.
- German Shepherds are incredibly intelligent, and are widely known as the third smartest breed in the world. This means that they are perfect for training and will remain incredibly loyal to their owners. Their high levels of intelligence also signify the fact that intruders or other threats will find it impossible to outsmart them.
- They are an extremely strong breed of dog, meaning that they are more than capable of keeping you safe. To give you an idea of just how powerful they are- their bite has 238 pounds of force behind it, whilst a human’s only has 86. In other words, if a German Shepherd bites an intruder, it’s going to hurt.
- German Shepherds are an incredibly protective breed, and have a sharp bite to match their bark if they feel as though a loved one is in danger. They stay alert at all times, meaning that they’ll be very quick to let you know about any potential dangers.
- They are one of the most energetic breeds of dog that you can buy, which means that they are always ready to jump into action if needed to. However, this also means that they require a lot of walking so that they are able to burn off any excess energy.
- German Shepherds grow into large dogs that any incoming threats would think twice about crossing. The sheer sight of a German Shepherd can be enough to deter any dangers, as they can grow up to around 26 inches tall and between 60 and 90 pounds in weight.